1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 We collect “non-personal information” and “personal information”:
- 1.1.1 Non-personal information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as, but not limited to anonymous usage data and other general non-personal information. Non-personal information is therefore information not relating to an identifiable living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
- 1.1.2 Personal Information includes information relating to an identifiable living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, as provided for in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and Regulations.
1.2 In an effort to improve the quality of your website experience, we may track both non-personal and personal information provided to us by your browser or by our software application, including but not limited to the website you came from i.e. referring URL, the type of browser you use, the device you are using, the time and date of access, and any other related non-personal and personal information.
1.3 We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our server/s and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect non-personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
2. HOW WE USE NON-PERSONAL AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Your non-personal and personal information will be processed for the following purposes:
- 2.1.1 For us to act on or respond to your instructions or requests and to generally communicate with you;
- 2.1.2 For processing employment applications;
- 2.1.3 For sending you marketing and other business development related material, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- 2.1.4 For purposes of market research;
- 2.1.5 For audit and compliance usage of the website;
- 2.1.6 In the event that we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sell all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred;
- 2.1.7 To help us improve and customize the user’s website experience;
- 2.1.9 To help us improve and customize the user’s website experience;
- 2.1.10 To track trends and analyze use patterns on the website;
- 2.1.11 Further processing of your personal information will only be in accordance or compatible with the purpose for which the information was obtained. We thus undertake not to unlawfully and unreasonably process your information in a manner that maybe be deemed to be excessive.
3. HOW WE PROTECT YOU NON-PERSONAL AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 We have implemented security measures and are committed to continuing to update and where necessary, improve security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
3.2 Should you create an account on our website, it is protected by your password, and we urge you to take steps to keep your information saf,e by not disclosing your login details, and by logging out of your account after each use.
3.3 We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. Although these measures endeavour to safeguard your information, it is not guaranteed that data breaches may not occur and that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
3.4 Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person or persons, we undertake to notify the Information Regulator and yourself as soon as it is reasonably possible of such breach.
4. SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
4.2 When we send promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communication, by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email.
4.4 You have the right having provided proof of identity, to request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about yourself.
4.5 You have a right to request the record or a description of the personal information about yourself that is held by us.
4.6 You have the right to request that we correct or delete personal information about yourself that is under our possession or control that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out to date, incomplete, misleading or obtain unlawfully.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
5.1 As part of our website, we may provide links to other websites or applications. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those websites, or the information or content they contain.
5.3 We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of other websites before proceeding to use them.
7. CONTACT US
8. LAST UPDATED